Post Tattoo

Design fight

Design fight

Postby Stuby » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:27 am

One time I went to an artist that someone said was really good at doing japanese art so I want a koi fish and a dragon like a yin and ying. It was already drawn so all he had to do was trace it and stick it but he kept changing the design. I told him I liked it the way it was and we got into a 30 minute battle over how he decides partially because its his work and I said no way and he ended up kicking me out. How can you tell someone that is a paying customer no to what they want. What an idiot.
Stuby

Re: Design fight

Postby hottie33 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 am

I have heard an artist try to talk someone out of a design because it was too small and it would get muddled over time but I have never heard of someone trying to change your picture against your will. That guy was just a jerk.
hottie33

Postby tigers » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 am

Yeah the motto is you pick they stick it so just do your job.
tigers

Postby knotty » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am

If your heart is set on something dont let anyone convince you otherwise because at the end of the day you are the one who has to live with it
knotty

Postby coach » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:38 am

If you dont give what the paying customer wants then you want be getting a lot of money
coach

Postby LocOut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am

I dont know if you have a reputation of only doing awesome tattoos maybe someone wouldnt want to sign their name to something they dont agree with.
LocOut

Postby Sloth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 am

tigers wrote :
> Yeah the motto is you pick they stick it so just do your job.

Thats for wall tattoos not designs that people walk in with. If they bring you something with too small of detail you have to let them know you have to change it a bit for it to come out right.
Sloth

Postby Fatboy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 am

LocOut wrote :
> I dont know if you have a reputation of only doing awesome tattoos maybe
> someone wouldnt want to sign their name to something they dont agree with.

why not just do it and when they try to tell people who did it just deny ever doing it to save face
Fatboy

Postby Fockers » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 am

I can understand both sides but when it comes down to it the person who is paying for what they want should have the final say what goes on their skin
Fockers

Postby mizceedub » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 pm

As a hairstylist, I know how hard it can be to have someone come in with a pic of a full thick head of hair, but there hair is finer than cotton candy and you can literally blow your breath on them and dry it, to get them to understand that, I can give you this cut, but it will NOT look like this when it blown dry. They want what they want, but you know they can't have that, so you try and sway them into something else. So I get what the artist could be doing by re drawing it, but he should have explained to you the reason why he was changing it and possible working closer to what you want. But, as someone said earlier, he could have just been being a d*ck.
mizceedub

Next

Return to Worst tattoo experience?