Post Tattoo

scabbing

Re: scabbing

Postby mcdonald » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 am

Your skin is dry and irritated and that causes you to itch
mcdonald

Postby Everlong » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Itching comes with the territory so just accept it as part of the process but you can take a benadryl to help with the itching
Everlong

Postby mizceedub » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:47 pm

You itch because your body and skin is healing. Stabbing is normal. Just keep em m list and don't peel! Or scratch! A girl I worked with peeled off h er scabs during first week after paying $400 on her arm tatt and now its all scarred and the black looks dull... when you pick a scab, it scars, causing the ink to look yucky... if your investing in skin art, please take care of it. Not only are you representing the artists work and skill, your creating a life long label for yourself.
mizceedub

Postby Ashes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:01 pm

What is really nasty is that people pick their scabs at all. When would it ever be okay to scratch off your healing skin and make your wound open for infection and start to bleed? NEVER! So why would you do it when you just paid for someone to literally cut you and insert ink plus the tell you not to touch the scab but people just never listen! SMH
Ashes

Postby GRACED » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 am

when are they going to invent a better way to heal other than waiting it out I want to be healed in a few hours or days not weeks or months
GRACED

Postby mizceedub » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:03 pm

GRACED wrote :
> when are they going to invent a better way to heal other than waiting it
> out I want to be healed in a few hours or days not weeks or months
Tattooing has been around for centuries. Noting has come about yet. maybe better lotions. But it's internal. It's your body that heals you.
mizceedub

Postby sarcastikchik » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 pm

You should have minimal scabbing if from the second your artist washes you down, wraps you up, u allow it to stay covered for first few hours, and then properly wash when removing the wrap. You need to remove the clotted blood. That's why they have you wait 1-2 hours. That and it helps to keep bacteria and foreign substances out while the layer of blood cells is forming to heal. but if you properly wash away the coagulated blood before applying your lubricant, and only apply a small amount, enough to protect it, keep it moist, but not be shiny like greasy chicken lips and fingers, your going to have very minimal scabbing. Those who get bad scabbing are those who don't wash off good enough or who washed too soon, too late, or just is a bleeder. Scabs are dried up blood that form on and around the skin and will make your tattoo icky if not properly taken care of.
sarcastikchik

Postby BJcity » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:20 am

I have seen some icky ass scabs when people get scared and come back to the shop after not following directions
BJcity

Postby Xgamer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm

This guy at my gym had a tattoo of a peace sign on his ankle and he never put lotion on it while it was healing and it was so gross it was scabby and red and you can see how the ink came up all over it so nasty
Xgamer

Postby GoldTeef » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:14 am

GRACED wrote :
> when are they going to invent a better way to heal other than waiting it
> out I want to be healed in a few hours or days not weeks or months

Having a healthy diet will accelerate your healing time
GoldTeef

Previous

Return to Should my tattoo look like this?