Post Tattoo

Extra Caution

Extra Caution

Postby blackhole » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:44 am

The first few weeks are the most important and while healing it you must always of course keep it moist but be careful what you touch also. For example I have heard of more than one case of people resting their arms on a bartop or a table with a fresh tattoo and they actually developed rashes and odd bacteria infections because it was not fully healed yet. Just because you dont see the bacteria and germs doesnt mean they are not there.
blackhole

Re: Extra Caution

Postby JKblood » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 am

There is bacteria and germs on everything you touch so just keep a small bottle of antibacterial soap with you and gently wash with soapy water whenever you come in contact with something and then relubricate it.
JKblood

Postby Skalez » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 am

Treat your ink like a newborn baby and you will have nothing to worry about
Skalez

Postby DirtX » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:47 am

Can you put purell on your tattoos after you touch something?
DirtX

Postby Kissifer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 am

Skalez wrote :
> Treat your ink like a newborn baby and you will have nothing to worry about

Do I have to change its diaper?
Kissifer

Postby Drakes » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am

DirtX wrote :
> Can you put purell on your tattoos after you touch something?

Someone once told me that if it can go on a baby's ass it can go on your ink
Drakes

Postby Answer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 am

What is the worse case scenerio if you basically break all the rules when getting a new tattoo?
Answer

Postby wookie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 am

Infection, possible amputation, even death
wookie

Postby Captured » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 am

Drakes wrote :
> DirtX wrote :
> > Can you put purell on your tattoos after you touch something?
>
> Someone once told me that if it can go on a baby's ass it can go on your ink

Actually a lot of things can go on a baby ass that wouldnt be good for your tattoo so be careful with this advice.
Captured

Postby mizceedub » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm

i would think putting purell on your fresh tattoo would be just like putting alcohol on it, which is a no no. The best method for healing and keeping your tatts fresh and bacteria free, is to take a few minutes out of every hour or two, wash with soapy h20 and antibacterial soup, pat dry and reapply with lotion! If you think you may have rested your tatt on a dirty surface, go wash it and reapply moisturizer. If you know you will be resting your arm on a public table, chair, bar, whatever, wear a long sleeved shirt, or put something under your arm. maybe put something on your arm, like a sweat band to remind yourself, before your prop it in a pile of germs, that you have a fresh tatt... Ive done that several times, where Ill know i have a fresh tatt, but forget about it, especially after a few days of healing, before the itch sets in, and ill go to rub the area, or wash it on the shower with lofa sponge. SO, just prepare yourself. If you tend to forget after a few days, remind yourself with something you dont typically wear in that area.
mizceedub

Next

Return to What do I use to heal my tattoo?