Re: Is it bad to keep covered?

Postby RedStag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:21 pm

What is a&d?
RedStag

Postby mizceedub » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:02 pm

RedStag wrote :
> What is a&d?
A&D ointment. You use of babys butt to keep from chaffing. Never was told to use before, but was told by the whole shop to use 1-2 days twice a day. I must day, it felt so soothing... week later ink is still fresh n black.
mizceedub

Postby Coozy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 am

A&D isnt like neosporin?
Coozy

Postby mizceedub » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:19 am

No because it doesn't have the stuff in it newsprint has. I started using aquaphore and that stuff works miracles!!! It keeps the tattoo moisturized while still being able to breathe. A&D helps to seal the tattoo and hold the ink, and then aquaphore creates magic.... omg... never using anything else!
mizceedub

Postby tattooedmami » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:40 am

Some artist will have their clients use A&D for the first few days because it creates a barrier of keeping the bacteria out, moisture in, and will help get the healing process started. There really is a huge difference between A&D and Neosporin. For one, Neosporin has an agent that will literally push the ink OUT. SO never use it. Two, Neosporin will heal from the inside out, thus creating the pushing out of ink. A&D just creates a barrier, while allowing the wound to breathe and heal. If you don't want to do the a&D, skip and go straight for the aquaphor. Can NOT tell you how much this stuff works. I wish I would have used it for all my tats.
tattooedmami

Postby SinDr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:49 pm

My dude in Texas gives out little bottles of A&D but he says to use Lubriderm
SinDr

Postby cheechee » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 pm

I was always told to use A&D for the first few days, and just a small amount, not caked on, and not shiney, but enough to keep tatt moist. Then use lubriderm. I haven't heard of this aquaphor. But I may be trying that the next tattoo
cheechee

Postby aXcess » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I think you should get a tattoo that is covered by clothing most of the time so the sun doesnt make it dull and faded
aXcess

Previous

Return to What do I use to heal my tattoo?