Post Tattoo

Thinking of getting a Indian theme

Re: Thinking of getting a Indian theme

Postby mizceedub » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:13 am

Not sure. Just found a tribal artist at the pure aloha festival, so going to make an appointment. My Hawaiian and Samoan roots is such a twisted story that I want someone who knows about the heritage, the time period, and can incorporate the mixing of the blood. Crazy. Short story, but a little back ground, my family is a indirect decent of King Kamehameha, by marriage. My great great grandfather was of mixed blood, Hawaiian and Samoan, Kehala Maalo, (first name Hawaiian, last name Samoan), and ran from the islands because his family practiced Dark Kahuna, a form of black magic (he was a medicine man). He served the Europeans on the Hudson Bay ship that docked in Seattle, met and married a young native woman who was betrothed to Chief Leschi, but he passed before marriage could take place. Because of this, she was not allowed to marry another tribal member. So she fled from her tribe and met my great great grandfather who she did marry and the rest is history. Tribal tattoos tell of our ancestry, so, I finally found an artist who is familiar enough with the background of our mixed Hawaiian, Samoan blood and the royalty the Maalo name carries, so, it will be some time before he can draw it up and have the facts double checked to make sure my tattoo portrays my families history.
mizceedub

Postby SomeHolidays23 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm

mizceedub wrote :
> puffthis wrote :
> > Have an indian with warpaint but have speckles of blood on his face like he
> > just finished with battle!
>
> Sweet... Id get this...

I like the war paint idea!
SomeHolidays23

Postby tattooedmami » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:09 am

That's pretty bad ass mizceedub... so, your like royalty? or your family? man, make sure you find a artist who knows those roots. all you need is for someone to screw that up big time. Tribal work is no joke to cover up. Ancestry is huge. Might I suggest, go to Hawaii? You may have a better chance of getting it done right. but that's some pretty wicked history there! Thanks for sharing. Im a little intrigued. ;)
tattooedmami

Postby Destruction » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:48 pm

Get an Indian motorcycle!
Destruction

Previous

Return to Should I get this tattoo? How can I make it better?