Post Tattoo

Portrait

Portrait

Postby CKY40 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:33 pm

I want to do a portrait of my mother on her 60th birthday coming up but I dont know what picture I want to use and if I should do all color,some color, or no color. Cant decide if I should use a picture of her from before I was born in her prime or like a memorable mother picture. Suggestions? Yells, grunts, or screams?
CKY40

Re: Portrait

Postby MIKED » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 pm

First thing you need to do is make sure that you find someone who has experience doing portraits or you will not be happy with the finished product. I would choose a photo of you and her when you were just an infant or a picture of just her in her wedding photo. You want the picture to have meaning for the both of you and when you first reveal it and she cries you know you have done a good job.
MIKED

Postby SyncX » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Without even bringing up that you are getting a tattoo just open an old photo album with her and ask what is her favorite pictures of herself and you and her and just take those to the person doing your tattoo and she wont even realize that she helped pick your tattoo. That way she will like it even more.
SyncX

Postby joking » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 am

Ask to see their portrait portfolio before you let them ink you up!
joking

Postby ReJigg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:14 am

Use a picture when you are an infant and she is holding you in her arms. She will love it!
ReJigg

Postby Vanessa » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:50 am

CKY40 wrote :
> I want to do a portrait of my mother on her 60th birthday coming up but I
> dont know what picture I want to use and if I should do all color,some
> color, or no color. Cant decide if I should use a picture of her from
> before I was born in her prime or like a memorable mother picture.
> Suggestions? Yells, grunts, or screams?

No color and put it on your forearm so its always visible. Just find a picture where she is smiling and happy so you can always see her happy.
Vanessa

Postby ChaChing » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 am

joking wrote :
> Ask to see their portrait portfolio before you let them ink you up!

This is what everyone should do before they begin. Just because they can draw good pictures doesnt mean it will translate to your skin.
ChaChing

Postby Colapse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 pm

I want to do a portrait of my dog rusty but I dont know anyone who does animal portraits
Colapse

Postby mizceedub » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Black and grey always look better for portrait tatts. Just make sure you look at the artists work in a book, and IN PERSON! So many artist are taking others pigs and posting as theirs. That would be a beautiful tattoo. I was thinking of doing the same thing with my mom and dad, but can't find anyone I trust to do it here in vegas.
mizceedub

Postby JanetMacson09 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Young moms... not old. When she goes you want a good looking pic to remember her by!
JanetMacson09

Next

Return to Should I get this tattoo? How can I make it better?